Sunday, July 15, 2007

talk to me

Powered by AOL Video



acaligurl was invited to a sneak preview last week of "talk to me" acali & the husband's friend is one of the producers. this movie is FANTASTIC. check out the trailer. don cheadle does a amazing job. "talk to me" is based on a true story of two men, petey green & dewey hughes. dewey hughes was at the preview along with a couple of the producers,Vondie Curtis-Hall and director Kasi Lemmons. i laughed and i cried and i can't wait to see it again.
ralph waldo "petey" greene died in the '80's and this is a true tribute to his spirit.

summary
Don Cheadle stars as outspoken ex-convict and iconic radio personality Ralph Waldo "Petey" Greene in a powerful biopic detailing the life and career of a media figure whose voice instilled the black community with hope during the turbulent 1960s. After talking his way onto the Washington, D.C. airwaves in the era of free love, a man emboldened by the inspirational soul music and rapidly-expanding social consciousness that defined the decade openly courts controversy as his put-upon producer Dewey Hughes (Chiwetel Ejiofor) runs interference.

2 comments:

teahouse said...

Hey, I'm into both of those guys, so I will be going to see this movie...

wheresmymind said...

I don't know...that looks like I'd wait for a free rental on TNT :)